Saturday, December 31, 2011

What is the Federal Government's Marijuana Stand?

Today I experienced what can only be described as ---surreal. I'm aware this word no longer carries the dramatic meaning it once did, but suffice to say this adjective is completely appropriate in describing the brief conversation I was involved in this afternoon. During my usual trip to the "Weed Shack"(sung to the tune of theB-52's "Love Shack", just insert weed where love goes... Weird Al if you read this it's my idea first...) for meds in preparation for the impending New Year; I found myself in the waiting room with an enchanting woman of at least 450 pounds, a lovely lady dear friends employed by our favorite Auntie Iris. My new friend arrived swathed in a sweatshirt embroidered with the logo of our favorite "Weed Shack", obviously there in search of relief from one or more of the myriad maladies afflicting a princess of such ponderous proportions. Idle chit chat amongst several waiting for their turn at the counter, turned up one person just returned from what he described as a very successful interview with Auntie Iris. I thought he was a Mormon missionary because he was attired in black slacks, white shirt with black tie, oddly enough I believe he was also riding a bicycle. Some of us were of course quite incredulous, but then my princess spoke up and informed the room that she works processing our tax returns and refund checks. Our new friend then went on to say that her supervisor told her that as long as she held a valid card all was good.

Yes, incredible you say, well so say I dear reader, so say I. Here in our area where the Federal Government is actively raiding and closing Medical Marijuana dispensaries, our good Auntie Iris is on the other hand condoning their employees use of the herb. Hmmmmm? Really?
Let's review shall we: Federal Law being used to persecute marijuana users across the nation who don't work for the Federal Government are apparently inapplicable to the Federal workplace when a Federal employee holds a valid medical marijuana recommendation.

If you read one of my previous posts: "The Difference Between Us and Them", detailing an exchange I had with two ladies working at the DMV, this post should serve as further evidence of the attitude our servants have towards the citizens who provide for their welfare. My wife has a saying, she calls it the "Goose /Gander Principle", if it's good for the goose it's also fine for the gander; meaning that there shall be equality between us. Given the fact that our Congress sees no need to inhibit it's members from grossly inflating their net worths through insider trading; why should any of us be surprised that it's O.K. to smoke medical pot if you work for the IRS?

Our leaders have set themselves apart from those who house, clothe, nourish and educate them and their children. We the people of the United States whose rights were enshrined in both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights have witnessed their reduction to quaint ideas of what used to be, and what might have been. As Americans it is incumbent upon us to set the example for the rest of the world as our forefathers did. Are we really going to allow these thieves to desecrate the fundamental greatness that is the USA? Can we continue down a path providing one set of laws for the governed and another for the governor? At what point will we throw off the yoke of the ruling class, take profit motive from government service, and return power to those who will wield it with wisdom?

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,
    I really like your blog.
    I have many of the same beliefs as you based upon your articles.
    I'm linking your blog to mine -davesblogcentral.com - and I'm looking forward to reading future posts.
    Check out my blog for information about me.
    Cheers,
    Dave Stancliff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your remarks!