Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Ubiquitous Mr. Brown

Source: Google Images
Everyone around the developed world is familiar with the sight of the UPS truck and driver, cloaked in baby shit brown delivering packages in various states of destruction.

Some like myself have had other, shall we say more memorable experiences with Mr. Brown; like the time they lost my banking and tax info within Los Angeles County... for more than a year!

This time however, they've really outdone their usual incompetence.

I was scheduled this past Monday to fly to Dallas for a sales presentation; one week prior to my departure I made the grave error of entrusting a shipment of my sales tools, one thousand dollars worth of DMX lighting controls, to UPS.

That shipment originating January 7, 2013 was due to arrive in Dallas, Monday the 14th of January, just in time for my $100,000 presentation, and in fact was in Mesquite Texas as of the 12th of January.
Guess what? It didn't make it.

Where is it now dear reader? Why it's on it's way to Stockton California of course! About 250 miles north of where it originated. Insert circus clown music here:
"Doot, doot doodle, doodle, doot, doot, doo doo..."

Visual Approximation
I mean if you can't read a shipping label wouldn't you decide to put that package on a cross country calliope too? UPS clearly believes that it's better to ship a package repeatedly around the nation to parts unknown, rather than pick up a telephone and call the account holder who shipped it.

That's what I call genius.

Given the nature of this company's way of doing business, I feel it necessary to promote a new name for this mismanaged freight giant.

From this day forward the UPS company shall be known as the UCF:

Unbelievable Cluster Fuck

The new company motto:

"How Can Brown Fuck You?"

                   or

"Flush Your Business Down with Mr. Brown"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your remarks!